Short Course & Symposia
Frozen Desserts Innovation Short Course
June 28-29, 2022
At the Cal Poly Dairy Innovation Institute, Building 18A-Room 123, in San Luis Obispo, California
Registration Cost: $550 Student Cost: $400
This intensive two-day course provides participants with knowledge of the science and technology of manufacturing all frozen desserts, including ingredients, processing, and quality aspects. Lectures and hands-on processing demonstrations with ample opportunities for one-on-one consulting and oversight with knowledgeable frozen dessert experts and industry colleagues.
- Fundamentals of Manufacturing & Frozen desserts overview
- Current Innovation
- Basic chemistry, microbiology and the other scientific concepts
- Milk composition and milk quality and their importance to ice cream manufacturing
- Ice cream processing/freezing
- Production planning & equipment and logistics
- Equipment, plant lay-out, and sanitation considerations
- Mix formulations for all frozen desserts
- Regulatory and business insights
Dairy Processing Operations Workshop
February 9-10, 2023
Description coming soon!
Dairy Products, Processing & Packaging Innovation Conference
October 11-14, 2022/The Cliffs, Shell Beach, CA
Early Bird Registration Cost: $495 if registered by SEPTEMBER 1, 2022
Regular Registration Cost: $595 as of September 2, 2022
This Conference will bring greater attention to recent technical innovations that offer solutions to improve dairy product quality, sustainability, and competitiveness today and into the future. It will identify approaches to eliminate barriers to dairy innovation. The Conference will facilitate dialogue between dairy innovation providers and innovation users.